It has been announced that all independent clinics and hospitals that provide cosmetic surgery must be licensed with the Care Quality Commission to provide services.
The CQC released the following statement:
To help ensure that patients are treated safely, and to reduce the risk of poor practice, anyone who provides any of the following cosmetic procedures must be registered with us by law.
- Any type of cosmetic surgery involving full or local anesthetic.
- Treatments that use lasers, such as refractive eye surgery.
- Laser lipolysis (such as Smart Lipo).
We only license and regulate cosmetic treatments that involve surgical procedures. We do not regulate the following services.
- Muscle relaxing injections, for example Botox®.
- Remodelling techniques using cells, tissue or synthetic products (dermal fillers).
- Chemical peels.
- Non-surgical laser and intense light treatments (such as hair removal).
Contact the Words Worth Reading Ltd team for support with any aspect of your CQC registration.