Nunthorpe Oaks provides care and accommodation for up to 56 older people some of whom were living with dementia.
Some of the findings from the inspection included:
- People received care and support in an exceptionally personalised way. Care was focused on people’s wishes and preferences.
- People and their families were at the centre of decision making whilst working alongside professionals to get the best outcome possible.
- People who used the service told inspectors they felt safe and could tell staff if they were unhappy. Staff treated them well and they were happy with the care and service received.
- The staff team were highly motivated and enthusiastic and were committed to ensuring each person had a good quality of life.
- Management was proactive, striving to improve services.
- Audits resulted in clear action plans to address shortfalls or areas of improvement.
“We saw that staff knew people using the service well, and understood their needs. It was clear that people were well cared for and staff helped them to maintain their independence and give them a good sense of self-worth."
“We also saw a service that was providing exemplary end of life care. People and their families were treated with dignity and respect, making a very difficult time in their lives a little easier."
“All the staff at Nunthorpe Oaks should be very proud of the care they are providing and I hope other providers look to their example of what outstanding care should look like.”