Tuesday 27 October 2015

Yellow Kite to Take a Candid Look at Young People’s Mental Health

Emily Reynold’s A Beginner’s Guide to Losing Your Mind will be published under the Yellow Kite brand (part of Hodder & Stoughton) in 2017. 

A warts and all exploration of living with mental illness in the 21st century, the book will consider the experiences and needs of young sufferers and their carers through personal accounts, as well provide guidance to those learning to live with and understand complex mental health issues. 
Emily Reynolds, based in London, has written about mental health, feminism, sex, science and tech for the Observer, VICE, Wired UK, The Debrief and the Independent, and sits on the National Lottery’s Youth Leadership Panel.  Emily said: “There have been many times in my life when I wished I had a practical but empathetic guide to dealing with my mental illness - and that's what motivated me to write this book. I hope that people going through similar experiences will find it comforting to know they're not alone, that the advice in the book will be genuinely helpful to them, and that it will help their friends and family understand a little better too.”

Assistant Editor, Maddy Price said: “Emily’s honesty and compassion immediately struck a chord with me. Her book is a powerful personal story combined with enormously helpful and practical advice, and is the perfect tool for the hundreds of thousands of young people suffering from mental health issues today. I’m absolutely thrilled that Emily has found a publishing home at Hodder & Stoughton.”

No comments: